Take IT to the next level
Let us help the current CIO or IT Director to update (or generate) an IT strategy that aligns with the company’s changing needs. We’ll provide you an overview of the IT organization and give recommendations to align the IT organization to meet the company’s new direction.
- Often needed in mergers or where the previous CEO retired or exited.
- Helps the CEO to be more successful, with an IT organization that supports the new CEO’s goals.
- Perfect fit for strategic plans, strategic initiatives, key competencies, and organizational alignment.
Help you as CIO
Let us help you with a “two in the box” scenario, where an experienced CIO provides advising, coaching, and mentoring to the current CIO or another IT Leader. Helps the CIO to get their feet under them, including generating an IT strategy and communicating that strategy to the CEO and to the IT team.
- Typical in smaller organizations who may promote from within, or may take a chance on a promising candidate.
- An experienced CIO will partner with you to help tackle the big issues and deliver results.
- In as little as 3 months, your organization will become more productive and strategic.
- Great for CIOs who need help generating an IT strategy that meets the organization’s needs
- Very valuable for the first 100 days.
Need an interim CIO?
If you’re a growing company, bring in an outside CIO to manage your IT organization. We’ll work with you to define the CIO or IT Leader position who best fits the company’s needs. Helps the CEO to hire the right IT Leader for the overall organization.
- Most common in organizations that are growing and recognize that they need to become more mature.
- Great for establishing key competencies and organizational alignment.
Improve your IT Security
You’ll benefit from an outside IT Leader mentor who can help you identify and understand different cyber risks, and communicate those risks effectively to company leadership or to the Board. Also help the company to create a cybersecurity team, including defining staff roles and IT security practices they need to adopt, and present the business case for IT Security to the Board.
- Typically needed in organizations that are growing.
- Improve your IT security posture without a full-time CISO.
- Useful for a traditional company that is now establishing an online presence.
- Helps the company to get on track with cybersecurity, shorten the time to get up to speed.
Implement best practices
An outside IT Leader mentor can help you understand the maturity of the IT organization. We’ll review current support models, recommend IT operational improvements, help establish an IT documentation library, and outline a path to establish IT best practices.
- Helpful to organizations that have recently undergone an audit, or who are looking ahead to possible upcoming audits.
- Be better prepared to respond to your next outage by building a Disaster Recovery plan.
- Common in smaller organizations, including startup companies.
- Great jump start to enhancing your organization’s key competencies.
Modernize your organization
Bring in an outside IT Leader mentor to help you reimagine how technology can benefit the business, such as replacing paper-driven processes with technology, or automating manual processes. Leverage new technology models including Cloud Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and other IT Services concepts.
- Typical in organizations that have existed for ten or more years but have not updated their IT model as technology has changed.
- Common in startup companies that now need to update.
- Great for creating a technology vision for the next five to ten years.
- Helps in establishing a strategy to leverage new modes such as open source.
- Generate a digital first strategy to best position the organization.
Looking for an immediate boost to your leadership team? Let us propose a workshop to help your strategic teams address the big issues and move the organization forward. Workshops can be as short as an hour, or as long as a full day. We’ll customize the content to your needs.
- Enhance your leadership team.
- Identify and advance strategic initiatives.
- Develop your strategic plans.
I can help IT Leaders raise the bar in their organization.
Jim Hall — Founder & CEO